Search This Blog

Sunday 24 May 2015

The Weekly Update

Hi, I hope you've had a lovely week.

Blog 

A little blogging challenge!
Starting tomorrow I'm going to publish a post every day for a week. Follow me on Twitter (@OTFOI) or Bloglovin' (On the face of it) for daily updates.



Me

Health: 
My cold has just about gone! I've got sick much more often than I usually do this year - usually a few winter sniffles is the most I get, but I've had flu, ongoing dizzy spells, and this cold, and it's only May. It's made me realise that I need to take better care of myself, to cook more healthy meals at home instead of relying on takeaways and convenience food, and to exercise more regularly too.

Yoga:
In keeping with that I went to yoga today. I've been doing yoga at home occasionally for a few years now but I'd never been to an actual class. The hour-long class at my local sports centre was longer and more intense than what I'd usually do at home, with new poses to get my head and body around! I felt a bit weird and dizzy after as I think can happen after yoga with all that bending and stretching. Do any seasoned yogis know how to combat this? Is it simply practice to get the body used to it? Let me know in the comments!


UK Bank holiday:
I hope you have a lovely long weekend! There's a nice sense of stillness in my local area today. There's none of the usual hectic late afternoon supermarket dash for bread and milk for the morning. By the way, tomorrow's post is going to be on language-learning, a long-ish post that I'll publish at 8 tomorrow so you can read it leisurely with your morning coffee or tea.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment