Search This Blog

Thursday 28 May 2015

A natural, affordable skincare oil





I've loved Neal's Yard Remedies products for a long time. Their bath bubbles in particular are wonderful. I thought I knew all the company had to offer, until I discovered their bottles of carrier oils in the aromatherapy section. These generous 100ml bottles of pure plant oil are designed to be used with their extensive range of essential oils for massage, but they can also be used as a face and body oil. 

I chose wheatgerm oil for its claims of restoring suppleness to dry skin. Containing high levels of vitamin E, wheatgerm oil encourages cell regeneration, making it a great anti-ageing ingredient. As a nightly face oil it's gorgeous. It feels rich and silky, absorbs quickly, leaves my skin feeling nourished and protected, and doesn't leave a greasy film. My skin is left feeling firm and toned after I use it, and I often pop a bit on my hands and nails at bed time. My skin definitely feels suppler, softer and more resilient. It's ideal for dry skin, dull skin and for pregnancy and post-baby skincare. It's perfect for the most sensitive of skins because it contains no potential irritants.

The scent is mild, slightly herbal and slightly grassy, and because it's 100% pure plant oil, there's no added fragrance.

At £8.00 for 100ml, it's excellent value. A lot of cheaper facial oils are loaded with mineral oil and preservatives and contain very little high-quality ingredients that will benefit the skin. I recommend going for one Neal's Yard Remedies' carrier oils because they're very high quality.

Neal's Yard Remedies prides itself on using high quality, safe ingredients with a focus on organic plant-based, biodegradable ingredients. All their products are cruelty-free. 

Their beautiful blue packaging helps to preserve the products inside, reducing the need for added preservatives. Their plastic packaging is made from pre-used materials. All their packaging is recyclable and it's all UK-made too, which reduces transport emissions. You can find out more from their website here

Their gorgeous glass bottles make wonderful mini vases for flowers, too.

To downsize the packaging you can buy 10ml, 20ml and 30ml reusable dropper decanters here.

Neal's Yard Remedies are currently offering 20% off on all online orders.

Thanks for reading x

No comments:

Post a Comment