Search This Blog

Tuesday 26 May 2015

Birthday wishlist


As you can guess from the title, I have a birthday coming up!

This is my real wishlist - I thought you'd like to see what's on my wishlist and I thought that it could be a source of inspiration for gift-giving. 


Original Daily Greatness Journal

This describes itself as 'a practical guide for consciously creating your days'. The older I get the more I realise I need structure - which can be really hard to implement when days consist of blogging and job hunting with a bit of studying thrown in. This is much more more than a glorified tick list though, and looks to take a more mindful, introspective approach to help create long-term, meaningful changes. 

£8.39 from Amazon UK

Real Techniques core collection

Real Techniques brushes are excellent quality. I've been applying my base with fingers for ages now but want to try out these brushes to see how they change the result. 

£21 from Boots, Superdrug and online

Urban Decay sheer lipstick in Ladyflower

My brother's fiancee (now wife) wore this shade on their wedding day - it looked so lovely on her that I immediately added it to my wishlist!

£15.50 from Debenhams and online

Origins drink-up intensive mask

I like that this can be used overnight. Hopefully to counteract what I anticipate to be a gin-soaked birthday weekend.

£23.00 from John Lewis and online

The Complete World of Greek Mythology by Richard Buxton

Having studied history at university, I got into Classics through studying ancient Greek philosophy. I loved all the ancient Greek myths as a child, and I feel like this book will tie together the disparate parts of my studying and reading. Reviews on Amazon say it's well-written and comprehensive, too.

£19.96 from Amazon UK

Essie Cocktail Bling 

Because every time I pass an Essie stand I find more shades I love - I found this pretty violet grey on my last cheeky browse. 

£7.99 from Boots, Superdrug, Liberty and online

Mirabelle Mira labradorite ring

I've been after this for a while but could never quite justify getting it for myself. I love gold and blue together. The simple oval shape is classic and the cabochon cut makes it the stone look like a boiled sweet. I'm sure I'll need the largest size for my pudgy little fingers!


Illamasqua Creator

I've been lusting after this nail polish for months. I love black nail polish and this is the sparkly, celebratory version of it, a dark shiny black lacquer swirled with silver glitter to look like I have the night skies at the end of my fingertips. 

£14.50 from Selfridges, Debenhams and online

The One Line a Day Journal

Each page of the One Line a Day journal is divided into five, to be filled in in different years on the same date, so that looking back I'll be able to see what I did on the same date.. I think it's such an interesting idea that will encourage me to journal every day. 

£8.39 from Amazon UK

No comments:

Post a Comment