Search This Blog

Saturday 12 September 2015

A new favourite mascara



Remember my odyssey to find a primer? I picked up two other gems on Boots' 3 for 2 offer that I've been wanting to share.

First up:

Rimmel Wonder'full waterproof mascara with argan oil (£7.99) 


I was after a new mascara, and being short of both lashes and cash, had a browse through the Rimmel stand. Now, I'm quite picky when it comes to mascara: it has to be jet black, have a proper big fat brush (the more volume and lift I can get, the better - which incidentally also goes for hair products and bras as well as mascara) and be waterproof (otherwise I look like I've been chopping onions by the end of the day), be heat-proof, humidity-proof, flake-proof and cry-proof, and, if possible, moisturise and condition my lashes without compromising on how waterproof it is. 

This miraculously manages to tick every box.

I love using oils on my skin and I'd heard of how great argan oil is, so I jumped all over this little turquoise-packaged beauty.

I've been using it for about six weeks now so its halfway through its life. I've been really impressed. 

Thanks to the argan oil I no longer get that horrible parched feeling to my lashline like I sometimes get with waterproof formulas. It gives great volume thanks to the chunky brush, and because the brush is flexible I can really get into the roots of my lashes. It actually smudges less than a lot of other budget mascaras too. 

Now for the downside: the one really irritating thing is that it takes much longer to dry. Only around thirty seconds, but when you're trying not to sneeze, it's a long time. This is because of the argan oil, so it is a tradeoff between the conditioning aspect and a fast-drying one.

Once it's set it doesn't smudge or flake, and I have a theory that it doesn't flake for the same reasons why it takes a while to set and why my lashes don't become inflexible crispy spikes after two coats of it - the argan oil creates a more 'flexible' fomula.

I'll be repurchasing this either in another six weeks or at some point in the future. There are actually loads of mascaras I want to try - Maybelline Lash Sensational, l'Oreal Miss Manga, Benefit They're Real! and Rollerlash, Diorshow, the new Estee Lauder one... the list is so long I've forgotten the names... 

Thanks for reading x

No comments:

Post a Comment