Search This Blog

Friday 30 October 2015

Friday Favourites

Three favourite autumn makeup products.



Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet lipstick (£26)


Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet in La Desiree, worn as a pink berry stain

And in all its glossy deep red glory.


This is what I save my Advantage Card points up for! The formula is matte-ish - there's a little bit of glossiness but that can be blotted down to create a matte look. It slides onto lips and gives a beautiful smooth finish. The shade La Desiree is a beautiful red berry shade.  It's my go-to 'fancy autumn/winter lipstick' and can be worn so many ways. Sadly it was only a seasonal limited edition shade (which makes me love it even more!)


Max Factor Creme Puff Blush in Nude Mauve (£8.99)



I missed the hype on Creme Puff blushes the first time round, but I'm more than caught up! Back then I mistakenly thought any powder blush would look cakey on me. How wrong I was! It's popped up on my Bloglovin' feed a few times recently - The Sunday Girl and Bed in the Kitchen have both featured it. After reading how highly it's rated (and how similar it is to the gorgeous but expensive Hourglass Ambient Lighting blushes) I had a little swatching session in Boots and settled on Nude Mauve. It's a beautiful understated soft plum, perfect for teaming with berry lips. The Creme Puff blushes are a stroke of genius, combining colour, contour and highlight in one. The brown base gives cheeks a more defined look and the highlight gives a lit-from-within glow. 

Bourjois Colorband crayon in Brun Dadaiste (£5.99)



I love crayon shadows. There's something incredibly satisfying about scribbling all over your eyelids.(Or maybe that's just me.) This is super-soft and blendable but sets after a few minutes, giving a smudge-proof finish, I thought the shade would be too orange for me, but it's a beautiful golden brown that teams beautifully with deep pinks and plums. 

Thanks for reading! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment